Vomiting is the unwanted expulsion of the contents released from stomach because of certain reasons. Vomiting is a common sign of having variety of mild to serious diseases, disorders and conditions. It almost occurs in all age groups and may or may not occur with loss of appetite and stomach disturbance. Vomiting depends upon its cause and can be begun suddenly and disappear quickly, as in the case of intake of unhygienic food, alcohol or intoxication etc. Vomiting is often followed by its repetitive exposures over days, weeks or months.
There are certain sign and symptoms of vomiting
* Anti peristaltic expulsion of food from mouth.
* Increased altered taste saliva.
* Light headedness.
* Stomach disturbance and its burning.
* Changes in skin temperature.
* Increase in heartbeat usually more than normal.
* Increased sensitivity to certain smells.
Cause of Vomiting:
factors which are responsible to cause vomiting include infection, poisoning, mental health illnesses, malignancy (cancer), inflammation, trauma, pregnancy, obstruction, and other abnormal processes within the digestive system, nervous system, reproductive system, cardiovascular system, or endocrine system.
What are Preventive Measures to reduce Vomiting:
1. Sit down or lie in a propped up position. Don’t do any kind of Physical activity during when you are about to vomit.
2. Avoid Spicy food.
3. Have a Popsicle or a similar sweetened ice treat.
4. Do not go to sleep immediately after taking meals.
Home Remedies for Vomiting
* Prepare peppermint tea and take it till you feel better.
* Eat a mixture of honey and powder of 2 roasted cardamoms (ilaichi).
* Take a glass of chilled lime juice.
* Slowly sip a glass of diluted honey water.
* Have one tsp onion juice after regular interval of 1 hour.
* Slowly sip a glass of chilled cola, soft drinks carbonated drinks, which will also help to settle the stomach better.
* you can also take 1 to 2 tablespoonful of non carbonated syrup.
* Take a piece of lemon and add some rock salt to it and lick it with the help of tough you will feel better.
* Cumin seeds are also good.
I hope the above home remedies will help you in vomit.